Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I think I can, I think I can

I have told myself that I am going to be more positive... it seems like the past six months it has been one thing after another.. I actually might be able to date this back eight months. I am talking about negativity ... I think that a lesson that was sent to me and it took me all of about nine years to learn taught me a lot about anger and holding onto something. I would like to say that I have learned to let it go. But tonight I was reminded that I need to "Stop and Breath.". I was hurt by someone that was close to me and my family recently. It has taken everything in me to attempt the high road, and swallow. I have wanting to stand up and fight for myself. Defend myself with the rumors that have been spread. I have like to look back in the past and say that I am the type of person that stands for what I think... A tell it like it is kind of girl. To let you know that I don't agree with what you might say.. and argue why it should be like that. But I now I look back and it was my way of holding onto the negative. So with this situation I have tried to be the bigger person and not respond. Although I can say I've made my views clear to my husband and complained and cried to him... but no one else. I think that he can keep my anger locked in a safe place.
But lately I keep telling myself that I don't want to drama or negative anymore, no matter where it is coming from. Tonight I had a friend accuse me something... than go on and yell at me... I didn't respond... although I did write her an email telling her how I felt.. as soon as I wrote it I erased it, it made me feel better.

Tonight.. I have learned the lesson of letting it go. Write it out. Get it out. Than let it go. I am 30, I am done with the lil games. I am done with the drama. I just want to have people in my life that give me positive and allow me to be a better mother, wife, daughter and friend.

So here I am ... Writing It... and Letting it Go. I don't want it anymore, so please respect that.

Thanks for letting me vent and Let it Go!!

1 comment:

miami said...

This is a great advice! I should let go of so many childish-behavior things, too. But it seems so hard at times! I hope you count me as one of the positive people in your life - You definitely are one of mine! No...you are my sunshine! I love you lot's and - yes- you can! ;)(but don't forget to stay yourself at the end)